Monday, October 16, 2006

Uganda Phase 1, part 4



For the past month or more, I have been feeling overwhelmed and very fearful about our upcoming move. It has seemed like an enormous obstacle, a huge mountain of tasks and emotions to master. Like Sisyphus, I have been unable to muster the strength.


Things are changing.

I am beginning to feel a shift, an awakening and an acknowledgement of a destiny that I have always known in my heart was awaiting me. If I am honest then I have to own that this is the life I have created. The one I asked for when I was little. The one I have always known I would live. This is an important paradigm shift for me. It is a move away from victim thinking; from passively accepting this change as my husband's vision to owning that it is mine as well.

When I was a child my father used to talk with me about other cultures and the value of travel. He would share the experiences of his travels and ignited within me my own passion to have similar experiences. We would explore museums looking at artifacts and discussing the places from which they came. I always knew I wanted to visit those places. To see far off lands with my own eyes, smell the air and taste their flavors. I am recognizing that when I began to see myself in all those places as a child, I was laying the groundwork for the path I am walking now.

That does not make it an easy road but I know it is right. I know there is a part for me to play in this drama and I am up to the task.

When I think about my plans, I actually feel my body swell with energy and excitement. I feel like I can accomplish my vision and that it will bring both others and me abundance and joy.

I am ready to meet the challenges ahead because I know the Universe (and some pretty amazing friends) is behind me, supporting me and will provide all that I need.

I have to share how wonderful I think my husband is! He just found out that the CDC liked his project so much that they are contributing to his funding and assigning staff to him!! I am so proud of him and really am in awe of his commitment and intellect. Yeah baby, you are amazing!

I borrowed the pic from hope4kidsinternational.org

11 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

You go girl. I am shouting and cheering you on.

Hugs and kisses

7:55 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

OMG...I am so excited, I am grinning ear to ear! Hurrah to Taylor for that funding. He is indeed a superstar doctor and we are all so proud and in awe of him. Honey...this is such great news for your family, I know.

I am so, so glad you are seeing what I had seen when you first mentioned this adventure. That it is indeed just as much YOUR dream as it is your husbands.

I love how you can look back and see that yes...you did create this life of yours to happen with all of your hard work and dreams. Here it is. It is here...embrace it darling.

Seriously...I am giddy. Your dreams are unfolding for all of us to see. I love watching you bring them to life Letha style. You go girlfriend...


Loving you and beaming,
Deni xoxoxo

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to you Letha. You have the right perspective on this, and you are allowing yourself to feel it...both the excitment and the apprehension. What a wonderful opportunity for you and your husband. Congratulations and much love and luck as you move closer to this journey.

Thank you so very much for your kind comment on my blog. It is absolutely lovely to meet you. I have been admiring your blog and your art for the last week. You are beautiful and talented.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Lady Prism said...

I have read as far down as I could...and I must say that i enjoyed cruising through your thoughts...I am optimistic that this move will open up so many wonderful things for you and your family..

cheers..

Lux

3:13 AM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is a beautiful shift in thinking. i love to see your owning your path, your life, your future.

bravo to taylor for all that he has done and will do...you two are amazing, raising an amazing child together.

i am so happy to be here cheering you on, listening, and supporting you through this adventure.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! my little heart is bursting after reading this, baby... this *is* your path, and you are accepting it graciously and powerfully. it will be an amazing journey, and of course, i will be visiting you guys, so clearly it will be made even better as we sit on your veranda in Africa and sip wine - i can't wait (and if you need a break, i will be in London by then, so we can go raise hell in Soho ;-)

i love you, and am so proud of you. this is the way forward (and go Taylor for being so fab at what he does :-)
xxx

2:18 PM  
Blogger Frida World said...

What a wonderful description of a feeling I know well. I'm currently living in Afghanistan working as a human rights officer. There are days when it all feels so out of my control, like I got on a ride that is too scarey, to fast or to dangerous for me and I don't know how to get off.

But in my heart, like you, I know that I'm living a life that I chose for myself, that I dreamed of when I was a little girl and that I still believe is important and worth living.

Some days it takes many minutes of yogic breathing before I can calm my spirit and remember that truth, but it is always there with me.

I have just started writing a blog about my life here (and so I was look at others, which is how I came across your). I've not told many people about it, because I wanted to get the feel of it first.

But if you think you could find it encouraging on days when your adventurous spirit needs fueling then please visit and let me know if I can be a support in any other way.

All the very best.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I am thrilled for you AND for your husband. :) I think you are creating a thrilling life together. I'm in awe.

And I still owe you a phone call, girlie...but clearly not this weekend! ;)

3:12 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

OOoooOOO! Look how beauty full it is over there! Can't wait to seeeeeeeeeeee your pics on your Blog from Africa! HOPE you all are having FUN!!! Have a God Bless YOU all week-end! and Congratulations! to your husband! xo

9:58 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

It's November 4th and I just called my girlfriend in Toledo, Washinton to wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and then I thought, Wait! It's also Letha's Birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LETHA!!! I KNOW YOU are gonna have a happy celebration!!! hehehe with all your sweet buds! Have FUN!!!! I'm sending you a birthday prayer, it's in the air! xoxoxoo, Cinda

3:15 PM  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

oh woman,

just think how amazing it will be to see the land, the energy, the earth of africa seeping into your art...

blessed be,
Leonie...

P.S. I noticed Turquoise Cro wished you a happy birthday ~~ blessed be to that scorpio sister! :) I shall toast you with sangria from the top of a mountain on sunday morning when I celebrate my own.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home