Friday, January 19, 2007

Why I love him.







I love my husband. I love him because he is gentle, kind, SMART, thoughtful, child-like, playful, responsible and a million other things.

Yesterday he sent me an email that said, “I found this in my word files and it brought back good memories, love you.” He had attached a file containing our wedding ceremony, which he wrote. It was wonderful to sit there reading through it and thinking of what the words meant to me then and now. Reading the words from this side of marriage, as a woman who has been married for 7 years, they had new meaning for me. They seemed even richer knowing we have confronted many challenges and experienced many blessings and through it all an even stronger bond has formed than existed that day seven years ago.

I feel so blessed to have a partner that genuinely challenges me to be the best version of myself. He tells it to me like it is and makes me walk my talk. He recognizes when I am struggling and steps in with support like a spa day or a hug. I am a lucky woman.

Here is a bit of the ceremony, I thought I would share it as I am feeling a new sense of connection. That new feeling deserves a witness.



Marriage has been described as the best and most important relationship that can exist between two human being; the construction of the love and trust of two people into a single growing energy of spiritual life. It is a moral commitment that requires and deserves daily attention and effort. Marriage should be a life-long consecration to the ideal of loving kindness, backed by the will to make it last.
True marriage is more than joining in the bonds of matrimony of two persons. It is the most intimate and sublime union between a man and a woman and in its right relation, it is the uniting of two souls already attuned to each other.
When such a true bond already exists between a man and a woman, it is proper that an outer acknowledgement be made. This acknowledgement is the primary purpose of this ceremony. We are here to bear witness to the entry into the closer relationship of husband and wife and these two beloved friends who are already one in spirit.

Taylor and Letha, you are now performing an act of utter faith, believing in each other to the utmost. Never forget, deny, or lose the vision you share with each other. Guard against allowing this vision to be blurred or blotted out by the commonplace experiences of life. The truth of your vision will be tested in the weeks, months, and years to come.
However, as each of you stay in touch with your inner self, the inner source of wisdom, the true beauty of each other, will be revealed. Be unmoved in your trust and devotion. Remain confident in yourself and the bond between you. Amid the seeming imperfections, remember that the vision of the ideal of your partner and your relationship will still exist and that when you rise above this vision you have touched each other’s souls. Feel safe and secure that in truth and reality, this vision which you now share is always seeking to grow through expression between you and your partner.
The wholeness of the inner self is always the final truth. You see it now and it will always exist. Letha, this is the man, and Taylor, this is the woman, that you love. Nurture this image of wholeness in your innermost heart. Make this image real in your united lives, and your home will be a place of repair and safe harbor, a dwelling place of serenity, contentment, and abiding joy.
When two people join together in marriage, knowing deep in their hearts that they belong, and realizing some greater power than themselves had brought them together, what comes next? In a true relationship, life becomes a process of helping each other to fulfill the divine purposes that each has upon this earth: to strengthen, guide, and perfect one another, and to become one.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing these lovely words. they are uplifting and grounding at the same time.
best wishes,
amy

6:53 PM  
Blogger Frida World said...

Beautiful Letha, as you were leaving your comments at my place I was looking at Susannah's photos from Seattle and marvelling at how gorgeous you all are.

What a lovely treat to know you were out there in cyberspace looking at my photos too.

You have written a beautiful tribute to your husband, and in doing it revealed your own loveliness.

x

7:09 PM  
Blogger Georgia said...

I havn't got the right words to say how much I love this. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. I was all teary just reading it, I'll bet at the ceremony not a single eye was dry.

And you are simply to die for, GORGEOUS in you photo's!!! I love it!!!!!

xoxox
Georgia

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful, powerful and loving words. Gave me goosebumps and warmed my heart.

Sophie

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally back online again! I love your blog, and would like to link you on my new blog. I used to be Darlings of Eden. If you could sent me a banner to my email address I shall add you to my link list!
Wishing you a wonderful day! Annaxx

8:10 AM  
Blogger boho girl said...

i remember this wedding as though it was yesterday. i remember sitting in the ceremony as your single friend, listening to these vows and feeling so hopeful that i could find this magical type of love.

your wedding was one of the most beautiful i have ever seen. full of magic and warmth, creativity and beauty. YOU were the most exquisite bride and i was so, so proud to be your childhood friend.

remember when we all danced? remember when i helped drop you off to your honeymoon suite? how we laughed and teased. such good memories my sweet.

your marriage to Taylor is solid and true. i love you two so much.

love you, Letha of Whidbey Island!

xo,
den

9:55 AM  
Blogger luzie said...

I loved reading parts of your ceremony. Those are beautiful and warm words, so true and wise.. thanks for sharing them.

xo luzie

4:17 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh this line really jumped out among all the other vibrating lovely words

"However, as each of you stay in touch with your inner self, the inner source of wisdom, the true beauty of each other, will be revealed. "

You are doing this so well Letha.

I love these photos-the expression on your face in the second one is so precious.

We have talked many times about the similarities in our marriages. This just made me nod even more and dance with gratitude for love.

Loving you my sweet
XOXOXO

5:39 PM  
Blogger Uber Mer said...

Letha ~

What a wonderful suprise to hear from you! It's such a small world. You look fantastic, and it seems like you're also doing really well... I can't believe how big Dace is!

On a side note, this was a beautiful post. I always thought you and Taylor had such an incredible partnership. Cheers to you both!

Best ~ Mer

6:47 AM  
Blogger Alessandra Cave said...

Beautiful words and photos! Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment. Now I'm enjoying the process of finding out a bit more about you...Lovely!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very blessed. This is such a beautiful and touching tribute to both your dear husband, as well as the relationship that you share. Having a partner who loves, supports and brings out the very best in you is an amazing gift. I have one of those husbands as well. We are such different individuals, yet, we have met in the middle for 16 years (almost 14 married). We bring out the best in each other and challenge each other. I wish you a forever of this continued love.

Thank you for sharing this with us. You were a stunningly beautiful bride.

xoxoxoxoxo

11:14 PM  
Blogger claireylove said...

what a beautiful bride you were - you melted my heart this afternoon with this post :-) i feel honoured to be witness.

6:49 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

This is stunning - the photos, you guys, your words. I am so honoured that you shared all of this. LOVE is so much more when it is shared.

Love you, my friend!!

P.S. You're even more beautiful now than you were that day.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

um... how gorgeous are you two???!! beautiful bride... my beautiful friend... i wish i'd been there ;-) xxoo

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning and serene. Such a beautiful piece. Thank you for creating and sharing it with us.

3:01 PM  
Blogger dragonflydreamer said...

Wow! I found myself browsing your weblog today and came across this beautiful beyond words post. It is so wonderful to know that relationships like the one you and your husband have exist, thrive and grow deeper and closer with time. You are both very lucky. Thank you for sharing such an inspirational piece of your life.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home