Friday, February 16, 2007

Uganda Phase 1, part 5
















It has been a little while since I’ve written about Uganda. Though I have not shared much recently, it is always on my mind and influencing our lives. We went through a few rough patches in our planning. In fact, in December we thought all our plans were going to come crumbling down around us. By January they had been repaired and changed for the better and now the wheels are beginning to turn again. In fact, they seem to be gaining speed at an alarming rate.

I had my second round of immunizations and they went much more smoothly than the first, no adverse reaction this time around. Perhaps even my body has accepted that this theory, long in planning and exploration, is finally becoming a fact. A reality that is just as much mine as it is Taylor’s. I finally see that too.

In a few short weeks I will get my first taste of Africa. Taylor and I are heading over to get a few things in order for our arrival in August. I had always imagined that I would get off the plane and be struck by hot, dry air full of unusual smells but those visions belong to a different part of Africa. To someone else’s journey. Uganda is tropical, humid, warm, lush and green. I do not seem to be able to conjure visions for myself.

I am equal parts excited and nervous. I am ready for change. I am ready for growth. I am ready to fully realize my personal destiny and goals. I have such an intense feeling of rightness about this move. I can’t explain it well as it is so new to me. I honestly feel as though I am pulsing with Universal energy. I am full of it and it is a wonderful feeling. I am ready to give and receive magic! I am going to move mountains and accomplish my goals.

I know I am walking through a door that will lead to fundamental changes for my family and me. I will be forever changed in ways impossible to imagine and never see things in quite the same way. I am ready to see through new eyes.

The photo is of people making furniture by the side of the road, a common sight in Kampala.

5 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

You are going to move mountains baby-and along with your dreams will come the magic.

You are magical.

I am so thrilled for this exciting time and all the strength and courage you emit.

Love you
XOXO

P.s. the pic doesn't come up for me.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you described this stage in your life.

Magic is all around.

xo Sophie

2:09 PM  
Blogger Uber Mer said...

I can't believe your family's dreams are coming into fruition. I can literally feel the vibration of energy, this will be such an amazing adventure.

I will always know you for your incredible strength and your ability to adapt... because of this, you will do well and thrive in Uganda.

I wish we could get a chance to catch up before you left.... maybe I could take a long weekend to go to Seattle? {you know how I've always had a place in my heart for the pacific northwest}

xo Mer

1:45 PM  
Blogger daisies said...

what an incredible journey you are embarking on ... magical, beautiful and life changing ...

wow.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Frida World said...

Oh, this is very exciting and very magical.

I love following you and your family on this adventure because it is the kind of journey that I like to embark on myself. But you are an especially magical and wonderful woman and I am so looking forward to following here the magic that you will find and make in Uganda.

xx

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home